Senior Staff Engineer
Image Processing & 3D (IP3D)
Wu Zheng is one of the technology leaders of the Image Processing & 3D (IP3D) Team in the Core Technology Group of PRDCSG. Now she is focusing on the vision technologies for robot and autonomous vehicle system, especially the development of mapping and localization technologies for multi-camera system.
She earned her bachelor, master and Ph. D. degrees in 1999, 2001 and 2004, with all from Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, China. Then she workes as postdoc research fellow in Nanyang Technological University in 2005 and in National University of Singapore from 2008 to 2010. In 2011, she joined Panasonic R&D Center Singapore. Her working scope includes image compression, image enhancement, machine vision, object detection and visual mapping and localisation.
- Zheng Wu, Pongsak Lasang and Takafumi Tokuhiro, “Visual Mapping and Localization for Autonomous Vehicle Field Trials in Singapore”, ITS World Congress (ITSWC), Oct. 2019 (to appear).
- Fanbo Deng, Zheng Wu, Zheng Lu and Michael S. Brown, “BinarizationShop: A User-Assisted Software Suite for Converting Old Documents to Black-And-White”, ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), June 2010.
- Grani A. Hanasusanto, Zheng Wu and Michael S. Brown, “Ink-Bleed Reduction Using Functional Minimization”, IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), June 2010.
- Zheng Lu, Zheng Wu and Michael S. Brown, “Interactive Degraded Document Binarization: An Example (and Case) for Interactive Computer Vision”, IEEE Workshop on Application of Computer Vision (WACV), Dec. 2009.
- Zheng Lu, Zheng Wu and Michael S. Brown, “Directed Assistance for Ink-Bleed Reduction in Old Documents”, IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), June 2009.
- Zheng Wu, Ming-Yi He and Kai-Kuang Ma, “Dilation-Run Wavelet Image Coding”, Signal, Image and Video Processing, 2008(2): 225-239.
- Zheng Wu, Kai-Kuang Ma and Ming-Yi He, “Volumetric Medical Data Compression by Using Three-Dimensional Dilation-run Wavelet Coding”, Picture Coding Symposium (PCS), Apr. 2006.
- Zheng Wu and Ming-Yi He, “Wavelet Image Coding by Dilation-Run Algorithm”, IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2004.