Senior Staff Engineer
Jianhua Wu received the B.E. and M.E. degrees in computer science from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, and the Ph.D. degree in computer engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2007. Since June 2007, he has been with Panasonic R&D Center, Singapore, where he leads several industrial projects such as video encoder development for a series of hardware chips (H.264, HEVC), robotics development, etc. The video encoder chips have been employed in various products such as camera, Blu-ray recorder, TV recorder, etc. Teamed up with the Nanyang Technological University, he and his fellow members got the first place in IROS2018 Mobile Manipulation Hackathon Competition. He was awarded Panasonic Corporation CTO Awards (Group category) in 2019.
- Feifan Lv, Feng Lu, Jianhua Wu, and Chongsoon Lim. MBLLEN: Low-light Image/Video Enhancement Using CNNs. British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), 2018.
- Jianhua Wu, Jianfei Cai, and Chang Wen Chen, “Single-pass rate-smoothed video encoding with quality constraint,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, pp. 715-718, vol. 14, 2007.
- Jianhua Wu, Jianfei Cai and Chang Wen Chen, “Rate-distortion analysis of leaky prediction based FGS video for constant quality constrained rate adaptation,” Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, pp. 45-58, vol. 18, 2007.
- Jianfei Cai, Jianhua Wu, King Ngi Ngan, and Zhihai He, “Joint mode selection and unequal error protection for bitplane coded video transmission over wireless channels,” Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, Special Issue on Visual Communication in the Ubiquitous Era, pp. 412-431, vol. 16, 2005.
- Jianhua Wu and Jianfei Cai, “Rate-smoothed encoding for real-time video streaming applications,” SPIE VCIP 2007, Jan. 2007
- Jianhua Wu, JIanfei Cai, and Chang Wen Chen, “Constant quality constrained bit allocation for leaky prediction based FGS video streaming,” SPIE VCIP 2005, pp. 2212-2219, Jul. 2005.
- Jianhua Wu and Jianfei Cai, “Quality-smoothed encoding for real-time video streaming applications,” IEEE ISCE 2005, pp. 445-449, Jun 2005.
- Jianhua Wu and Jianfei Cai, “A novel rate-distortion model for leaky prediction based FGS video coding,” IEEE Pacific-Rim Conference on Multimedia (PCM 2014), pp. 673-680, Nov. 2004.
- Jianhua Wu and Jianfei Cai, “Wireless FGS video transmission using adaptive mode selection and unequal error protection,” SPIE VCIP 2004, pp. 1305-1316, Jan. 2004.
- Jianhua Wu and Jianfei Cai, “A simple FGS to single layer transcoding scheme for wireless video streaming,” International Workshop on Advanced Image Technology (IWAIT 04), pp. 11-14, Jan. 2004.